It’s no secret that I love all things space. I love planets, stars, Star Wars, Star Trek, and so much more. Hell, I just bought Vans I didn’t need because they had a space pattern! So, naturally, I needed to do this tag. Obviously, it takes things about space and forms a question out of them. I may never be the astronaut I wanted to be in second grade, but I can sure answer questions about books!
- Space: Name a book that is out of this world and takes place in a world different from our own
The Graceling Realms series by Kristin Cashore. It’s a fantasy series in a medieval-esque world where people are born with a special power or Grace. One book takes place in a different country than the other two where monsters exist. It’s so unlike our world, it’s the perfect escape.
- Black Hole: Name a book that completely sucked you in
Did you mean: A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab? I was hooked from the very first line, “Kell woke a very peculiar coat.” That’s a damn good book.
- Lightspeed: Name a book you are anticipating so much that you wish you could travel at lightspeed to get to it
The Last Hours by Cassandra Clare. It takes place in the early 20th century and follows the generation of Shadowhunters after The Infernal Devices. I already love these characters so much and I need them yesterday. Seriously, where is that release date, bitch?
- Nebula: Name a book with a beautiful cover
Caraval by Stephanie Garber. It’s got a kind of understated beauty. It’s reminiscent of a carnival tent and has a dark color palette. I dig it.
- Multiverse: Name a companion set or spin-off series you love
The Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo. I don’t care if that’s predictable or cliché. It’s true.
- Gravity: Name your favorite romantic pairing that seems to have gravitational pull to each other
Emma and Julian from The Dark Artifices by Cassandra Clare. They just can’t stay away from each other. Even in sleep they find each other. No matter how hard they try, they can’t fall out of love with each other. I would honestly die for them.
- The Big Bang: Name the book that got you started on reading
I honestly don’t remember, but I do remember one of the first series I ever loved was the Martha Speaks series by Susan Meddaugh. It’s a series of picture books about a dog named Martha who ate alphabet soup, but the letters went to her brain instead of her stomach giving her the ability to speak. This leads to some pretty wacky shenanigans. An iconic saga.
- Asteroid: Name a short story or novella that you love
The Cask of the Amontillado by Edgar Allen Poe. This is literally the pettiest thing I have ever read. Fortunato insults Monstresor, so Monstresor decides the best course of action is to lure him into the catacombs and bury him alive. Imagine being that petty (and psychotic, but, well). Truly, the best overreaction I have ever read about.
- Galaxy: Name a book with multiple POVs
I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson. The story is narrated by twins Jude and Noah during different time periods. Noah narrates when the twins are thirteen and Jude narrates when they’re sixteen. It’s a very moving book that I really ought to give a reread.
- Spaceship: Name a book title that would be a great name for a spaceship
The Midnight Star by Marie Lu. I mean, come on.
Do you have any answers to these questions? Let me know in the comments!