Remember when I said a part two of The Love Triangle Game was coming soon? Well, I decided I wanted to spread the two posts out a little bit. I wanted to wait a little longer, but I’ll be out of town next week and don’t have time to write a full, brand new post. So I figured I’d finally finish and post this one. Otherwise, who knows when I’d post it? Anyway, on to the game.
As a quick refresher, this game was created by Jesse the Reader. Essentially, you pick three character names out of a container of some kind (cup, hat, bag, whatever). The first is the protagonist of your story or the main love interest. The second two are the two characters in love with your protagonist. And it’s… a blast. In fact, I actually did these at the same time I did the ones I included in my original post. The issue was there were a lot of results, so I thought I’d split them up. And now, here are the results for part two:
- The protagonist for this love triangle is The Dragon from Uprooted by Naomi Novik. The two characters in love with him are Sam of Wilds from Tales from Verania by TJ Klune and Helene Aquilla from An Ember in the Ashes by Sabba Tahir. The Dragon (AKA Sarkan) would absolutely choose Helene. He would not put up with Sam’s nonsense for one second. He’s too much of a grouchy curmudgeon. Helene is someone he would respect, even when he thought she was making poor decisions. Conversely, Helene would rein in him and his bullshit in a second. A match made in heaven.
- The protagonist for this love triangle is Magiano from The Young Elites by Marie Lu. The two characters in love with him are Morrigan from A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas and Tessa Gray from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare. I think he would choose Tessa. Morrigan is terrible at communication and has a bad habit of stringing people along. And, in a way, Magiano is a little like an amalgamation of Will and Jem (though he has his own traits that make him an original character). Like both of those boys did, he would fall head over heels for Tessa. Herongraystairs truly canon at last… sort of.
- The protagonist for this love triangle is Mara Dyer from the Mara Dyer trilogy by Michelle Hodkin. The two characters in love with her are Monty from The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by McKenzi Lee and Draco Malfoy from Harry Potter by JK Rowling. I think Mara would choose Draco, but it would have to be Draco as he is starting in Halfblood Prince. They both have a darkness they have to cope with and have done terrible things. I think they could bond over that. But, again, it has to be after Draco starts seeing the light, because Mara would not tolerate books 1-5 Draco one bit. As for Monty, he has some similarities to Noah, but he’s a bit more of a rogue. I also don’t think she’d put up with his tunnel vision upon making a decision. She’d want some more wiggle room. With Draco, she’d have someone who could truly understand her.
- The protagonist for this love triangle is Feyre Archeron from A Court of Thorns and Roses. The two characters in love with her are Sydney Sage from Vampire Academy and Bloodlines and Lia of House Morrighan from The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson. I’m going to be controversial and say Sydney and Lia would wind up falling in love with each other. Both are very intelligent, determined girls and I think they’d find Feyre’s borderline stupidity grating. However, they’d see the value in each other and fall madly in love. Sorry Feyre.
- The protagonist for this love triangle is Arcturus AKA Warden from The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon. The two characters in love with him are Seth Mortensen from the Succubus series by Richelle Mead and Laia of Serra from An Ember in the Ashes. Arcturus would definitely pick Laia. I think they’d have a similar dynamic to the canon dynamics of Warden/Paige and Laia/Elias. Seth is loyal and loves deeply, but I don’t think he’d be the partner Arcturus needs. Laia and Warden would change the game.
- The protagonist for this love triangle is Gauri from A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi. The two characters in love with her are Noah Shaw from the Mara Dyer trilogy and Scarlett Benoit from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. Gauri would definitely pick Scarlett. The girls have a lot in common, both being brassy heroines out to make a difference and save those they love. Noah would be a bit too emo for Gauri and I think she’d tire of his flirtatious quips. But Gauri and Scarlett? Bad bitches in love.
- The protagonist for this love triangle is Rey from Star Wars. The two characters in love with him are Emika Chen from Warcross by Marie Lu and Oliver Marks from If We Were Villains by M.L. Rio. This one was really difficult and I had to consider it for a while before coming to a conclusion. And I think that Rey would choose Oliver. Rey and Emika would be amazing together, but I think it would keep becoming more about saving the world (or the galaxy) for them than being in love. Oliver, on the other hand, is really just a soft boy. He’s also utterly devoted to whoever he’s in love with, doing whatever he needs to protect them. Rey deserves that kind of love in her life, especially after being abandoned as a child. So, even though I headcanon Rey as a lesbian, I can make an exception for the purposes of this game.
- The protagonist for this love triangle is Christian Ozera from Vampire Academy. The two characters in love with him are Hideo Tanaka from Warcross and Rosaline from Love’s Labours Lost by William Shakespeare. First of all, it’s about time Christian Ozera got some damn appreciation. Secondly, Christian would totally pick Rosaline. Sure, he’d probably respect Hideo, but Rosaline is everything he seems to love in those he cares about in canon: she’s outspoken, she’s feminist, she’s snarky, and she’s got great self-worth. They’d be such a sassy duo and he’d do whatever it takes to deserve her.
- The protagonist for this love triangle is Akiva from Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. The two characters in love with him are Simon Spier from the Creekwood series by Becky Albertalli and Khalid Ibn al-Rashid from The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. I think Akiva would choose Khalid. They both understand having to do ugly things for noble reasons and vice versa. Simon is funny and chill, but he doesn’t have the gravitas to deal with the situations Akiva does. Thus, Akiva and Khalid are going to be broody, but well-intended boyfriends.
- The protagonist for this love triangle is Evelyn Hugo from The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo. The two characters in love with her are Kelsea Glynn from The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen and Harry Potter from Harry Potter. Evelyn would definitely pick Kelsea. Kelsea understands the value of one’s image and what it means to make major decisions that affect everyone around her. Harry would want to stay away from the spotlight and is more likely to self-sacrifice than risk anyone else. Evelyn and Kelsea would just… get each other, you know?
What do you think of my answers? Do you agree? Try your own hand at this game! I’d love to see what combinations you come up with!