Hosted by Thoughts on Tomes
Hey, Strangers! Today I thought I’d tackle a BookTube-based Top 5 topic. This week’s topic is the top 5 authors you want to read more from.
- Victoria Schwab: I had a goal to read all of Victoria’s books and, after the release of A Conjuring of Light, I thought I had achieved it. And then I looked at her Goodreads page. It turns out she has a few other books she released before what I previously thought was her earliest release, The Archived. I don’t think I’ll read her children’s series, but I’m definitely looking to read The Near Witch.
- Laini Taylor: As with Victoria, I had thought I’d read all of her books, until I discovered more on Goodreads. I really love her lyrical, flowery writing style and really want more of it.
- Gregory Maguire: I really love his series The Wicked Years, a retelling of The Wizard of Oz and the story that inspired the Broadway hit Wicked. He has many other fairy tale retellings, several of which I own and have been meaning to read for quite some time.
- Patrick Ness: I read his book The Rest of Us Just Live Here earlier in the year and really loved it. I’ve been wanting to read more of his works, especially the Chaos Walking trilogy.
- Louise Erdrich: I have read several of her books in a couple different courses I took in college (one was a Native American lit class and the other was a 21st Century Pulitzer Prize Winners class) and really liked her writing style. She often tackles very serious issues and how they’ve affected the Ojibwe tribe (of which she is a part) over different eras. I’d love to read more of her work.
And there you have it, the top 5 writers I want to read more from. What are some writers you want to read more from?