Good afternoon, gang! I had a little time on my hands and I didn’t post anything yesterday, so I decided to bang out a quick book tag. Rather than being about the books themselves, this is actually more about me. Now, I’ve only recently started using Netgalley, but I’ve been approved for a couple ARCs. So I feel comfortable enough doing this tag. Anyway, here we go:
- Auto-Approved: Who’s one author whose books you automatically want to read, regardless of what they’re about?
Victoria “V.E.” Schwab. If it’s written by her, I know it’s going to be good. She’s an auto-buy for sure.
- Request: What makes you want to request a book that you see on NetGalley?
The summary. If it sounds like something I’d enjoy, I hit that request button. I also request books I’ve been anticipating.
- Feedback Ratio: Do you review every book you read? If not, how do you decide what books to review?
I don’t review every book I read. I try to only review new releases, and even then only when I have a lot to say about them. Now that I’ve received a few ARCs, I feel like it’s kind of my duty as a blogger to review them, but again it’ll depend on if I feel motivated to finish them or have something to say. All this said, I always post a short wrap-up review on Goodreads. I like to explain to other readers why I rated something what I rated it.
- Badges: If you could create your own badge to display on your blog, what would it be for?
I have no idea what this is about (like I said, new to Netgalley), but I’d love a cool logo for my blog. I’m not sure what it would be, but it’d be better than the one I have, that’s for sure.
- Wish for It: What’s one book that you are absolutely dying to read?
Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare. I’ve been loving The Dark Artifices so much, I can’t wait to see how it all ends. If an ARC becomes available on Netgalley, you can bet your ass I’m going to request it.
- 2018 NetGalley Challenge: What was the last book that you received as an ARC that you reviewed? If you’ve never received an ARC, what’s the last book you reviewed?
The last book I received as an ARC was Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman, but I haven’t read or reviewed it yet. Before that, I received Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian and I have shared a few thoughts about that book so far.
Have you had any luck with Netgalley? Do you have any answers to any of these questions? Let me know in the comments!