I’ve been running this blog for a year now and was pleasantly surprised to discover I was nominated to the One Lovely Blog Award! I was nominated by Kathy at Pages Below the Vaulted Sky, a truly wonderful blogger with a fantastic blog. Thank you so much for the nomination!
There are only three rules to accept the nomination:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate up to 15 other bloggers and inform them of the nomination.
As you can see, I’ve already complied with the first rule. So, allow me to share with you seven things about me:
- Despite preferring to remain at the writer’s table, I took a year of drama in high school. I even had a pretty major role in a play! I played Graveyard Annie, a terrifying spirit eternally mourning her murdered husband. It was so much fun to become someone else for a while, especially someone so dark. I even had to strangle someone! I would’ve stayed in theater, but some personal drama caused me to drop the class my senior year (but it’s all bygones now).
- I used to want to be a pop star. I even wrote songs! And, let me tell you, they were awful. Highlights among them are “She’s My Secret Soul,” “Out of a Hat,” “Somebody New,” “What I Want,” “The Girl Next Door,” and “Queen of the Mall.” While a couple of them may be salvageable, there’s no recovering from “There’s a girl inside me./She’s got a cold, cold heart./Yeah, she’s mean, but she’s inside me./She’s my secret soul” or the fact that the melody to the chorus of “Queen of the Mall” is stolen directly from the chorus of Hilary Duff’s “Mr. James Dean.” Speaking of which, I blame her for this whole ordeal. I never would’ve wanted to be a pop star if not for her.
- I am incredibly good at recalling dialogue and real-life conversations. I can recite things back almost verbatim. I’m not sure why I have this skill when I have no other particular affinity for recollection, but I’ve always been able to do it. Maybe it’s the way I pay attention to people or the fact that, even if I don’t speak up, I’m always listening. I don’t know. It’s just this weird skill I have.
- I love history almost as much as I love novels and writing. It’s genuinely so fascinating to me. I don’t know why that doesn’t translate into me liking historical fiction, but for some reason it doesn’t. I especially love learning about lesser-known historical people and events— the ones they don’t teach in public school. Sometimes I watch the History Channel for hours (when it’s showing actual history-related shows, that is). A favorite show of mine is Mysteries at the Museum.
- I love, love, LOVE Five Guys. It’s my favorite fast food place. It’s so delicious. I know I shouldn’t, but I get it like once a week. In fact, I kind of want to get some right now.
- My favorite animal is the penguin! I’m not even sure why. I just love those big, dumb birds. I don’t trust any other bird (as all birds except penguins are inherently creepy), but I would trust a penguin with my life. Okay, maybe not. But I still love those slippery goofballs.
- I love the ‘80s! Well, I love ‘80s media and ‘80s-inspired media. This especially extends to music. The synths and bombast of ‘80s pop is everything to me. I want to get into ‘80s movies too. I saw The Breakfast Club years ago and you all know I love Heathers, but I want to see more. It’s kind of weird how much I love the ‘80s considering I’m a ‘90s kid, but I guess that’s just a gay thing. (I’m kidding. (Kind of.))
All right, now it’s time to nominate some awesome blogs! I admire the grind all these people have, the way they crank out reviews and other amazing posts on the regular. They also inspired me to revamp my own blog. So, without further ado, here are my nominations for the One Lovely Blog Award:
Nominees, you are under no obligation to make your own post. But I just wanted you to know your blogs rock!